Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford ESP @ fordwarrantys.com

Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 AM
2011 SCREW 6.5' EB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ford ESP @ fordwarrantys.com

I know this has been discussed before, but can a few of you reassure me that buying a warranty at fordwarrantys.com is legit. They are about $125 cheaper then my dealer on the warranty and now they emailed me a code for another $190 off.

I am just a little nervous to buy at fordwarrantys.com because when it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

I am looking at a few different options but for example:

6yr/100k mi $200 deductible - Premium Care

dealer $1450
website $1369 - $190 = $1179

Please give me some reassurance before I pull the trigger and save hundreds! I would hate to waste it on a bogus warranty.

I also found some good information here:

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/extended-warranty-87705/
Old 04-22-2011, 01:24 PM
2011 SCREW 6.5' EB

No one has any input???
Old 04-22-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

It's legit. It is the genuine Ford warranty. What more assurance do you need than that?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:08 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

For what it's worth, it looks like a Ford dealer that is selling the warranties.

It doesn't look like its Ford corporate. I doubt it matters though. A Ford warranty should be a Ford warranty.

Given that pricing, I'd think you could purchase the same warranty, for the same price, at the dealer you originally purchased from.

Good luck,
-Matt
Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 PM

Google it. I live in Florida and an extended warranty is considered insurance, which is regulated by the state. My problem was, I bought a 2006 F-150 XLT with 65000 miles and the dealer wanted $3000 for the ESP(2year with $100 ded.). I thought I could get it cheaper, but I learned since it was regulated by the state, it was the same everywhere in the state. Luckily for me I bought one at a Ford dealership out of state (Warrick Ford) I got the 3 year Premium Care with $50 Deductible for $1800, but I had to use a out of state address to purchase although they mailed it to me in Florida. They just needed a address to make it legal for me to purchase in Florida. Ive had it in twice so far - Alternator and window switch and they didnt even charge me my deductible.

Believe me, I spent alot of time researching extended warranties and only felt safe with a Ford backed warranty. There are alot of horror stories about extended warranty places that deny coverage for what you would think covered. They can blame anything on wear and tear and deny. Like everything else in life you get what you pay for.

I bought it becasue my wife had a Focus station wagon when they first came out. right after the warranty expired, the AC went. Took it to a AC only repair shop, spent $1200 to get it replaced, was told it came with a 1 year warranty. Jump foward 10 months, the AC went bad again. I took it in and was informed the warranty is good, but I will have to pay $800 labor. That wont happen to me again (I hope)

Last edited by Johnml; 04-22-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out flood ford ESP the plans are the same all over, price shop and get the best deal, one thing is I would not go for 200 ded, I'm going zero or 50, those 200s can add up quick.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:43 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnml
Google it. I live in Florida and an extended warranty is considered insurance, which is regulated by the state. My problem was, I bought a 2006 F-150 XLT with 65000 miles and the dealer wanted $3000 for the ESP(2year with $100 ded.). I thought I could get it cheaper, but I learned since it was regulated by the state, it was the same everywhere in the state. Luckily for me I bought one at a Ford dealership out of state (Warrick Ford) I got the 3 year Premium Care with $50 Deductible for $1800, but I had to use a out of state address to purchase although they mailed it to me in Florida. They just needed a address to make it legal for me to purchase in Florida. Ive had it in twice so far - Alternator and window switch and they didnt even charge me my deductible.

Believe me, I spent alot of time researching extended warranties and only felt safe with a Ford backed warranty. There are alot of horror stories about extended warranty places that deny coverage for what you would think covered. They can blame anything on wear and tear and deny. Like everything else in life you get what you pay for.

I bought it becasue my wife had a Focus station wagon when they first came out. right after the warranty expired, the AC went. Took it to a AC only repair shop, spent $1200 to get it replaced, was told it came with a 1 year warranty. Jump foward 10 months, the AC went bad again. I took it in and was informed the warranty is good, but I will have to pay $800 labor. That wont happen to me again (I hope)
If you look at the website OP referenced, it specifically states that you can't buy it online if your in Florida, probably for the reason you just mentioned
Old 04-22-2011, 06:01 PM

I've dealt with two authorized Ford ESP's both are Ford dealerships. One didn't even need a out of state address, but I went with the Warrick Ford one because it was about $50 cheaper. I learned about these places from this forums Florida members. Why would you buy it in Florida when you can get the exact same Premium plan cheaper with a lower deductible. In this case the regulated insurance in Florida actually hurts us. I called Ford and verified my plan after I purchased it. It's good at any Ford dealership.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 PM

I bought mine from Flood Ford (over the internet). The truck is a 10 so I hope I won't need it for a while.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 PM

I bought mine for 1450...7yr 100k ESP Premium care with $100 deduct which I know for a fact is 300 over dealer cost. I did not do the 1st day rental with did reduce the price. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples with the cost between the two. I also found a site that you could get them for about 100 over dealer cost. I opped to give the extra to my dealer because they have been very good to me. You can always negociate with your dealer too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford ESP @ fordwarrantys.com