Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Water Pump Removal & Installation 5.0 EFI

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Pump Removal & Installation 5.0 EFI

Start by removing fan bolts and shroud. Then remove your belt with a 5/8. Remove the 3 AC top bolts and all Power steering bracket bolts and move to the side. I hang them with a bungy cord from the hood. Drain Radiator then remove hoses from water pump. Tuck hoses out of the way. Remove all studs/ bolts and remove water pump assy. Be careful not to remove spacer plate or you will have to change that gasket as well. Ive done this twice without having to change the gasket between engine block and spacer plate. (Stupid Ford) Cant wait to get a electric water pump. Always use gasket sealer thin and lightly to fill any pitting and guaranty no leaks. The reason the bearings go bad in my case I believe is because of the stupid fan being bolted to it. If it has the slightest wobble it will destroy the water pump bearing every time. I suggest buy (2) 10 or 12 inch electric fans like I am. I will be posting that soon too! I hope this helps. Installation is reverse and make sure to clean everything well prep with starter fluid on a rag before gasket sealer is applied. I clean all bolt threads and apply anti-seize on every bolt! If you notice all gasket areas are not exactly doing anything so I did not apply sealant there. Just being the ocd neat mechanic I am lol
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Water Pump Removal & Installation 5.0 EFI