Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Wheel and Tire Advice - 2011 F150 Lariat Screw

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel and Tire Advice - 2011 F150 Lariat Screw

I will be receiving my Lariat Screw around the end of March, and am going to swap out the wheels and tires. I could use advice regarding which wheels and size tire to purchase.

First, some info.

Truck
2011 Lariat Screw, 6.5' bed, Ecoboost engine, 3.55 LS axle
Open to installing a leveling kit

Driving
I will not be doing any towing with this truck, and will not put many miles on it. It will mostly be driven around on the weekend and during the winter. A majority of the driving will be done on paved roads. Off-road travel will mostly be on forest service type roads. During the winter, there are times when travel up/down a 13%+ grade is necessary.

Tires
I have decided on the Goodyear Duratracs because I like the look of them as well as the reviews that I have read regarding how they handle in snow. I initially thought that I wanted to get the 275/70R18, but they are "E" rated. Since I will not be towing, I figured it would be better to go with a "D" rated tire, so I settled on either the 285/70R17 or the 315/70R17.

Wheels
I would prefer to get the Dick Cepek Torque wheels (17x8.5, Backspace 5", Offset +6mm). I am also considering the following wheels.

American Racing ATX Crawl, 17x8, Backspace 4.5", Offset 0mm
KMC Spy, 17x8, Backspace 5.2", Offset +18mm
Ultra Wheel Drifter, 17x8, Backspace 5.5", Offset +25mm

Other Info
I want the truck to have an aggressive look to it, which is one of the main reasons I have selected the Duratracs. I would also prefer that the tires do not stick out beyond the stock fenders. Obviously, no rubbing would also be preferable, and I will level the front if that will eliminate rubbing.

So, based on all of that, would you agree that I should go with a "D" rated tire?

Will the 285/70R17 "fill out" the wheel well sufficiently?

Is the 315/70R17 really too big? Is it even possible to mount these without extending beyond the fenders and not rubbing (or rubbing only at the extremes)?

This is a tough (and expensive) decision to make. Many thanks for all your input.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:23 PM

did you end up with dc torque? what tire size and doe the stick out more than stock wheels? pics please.

i'm also interested in those rims as well. thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:22 AM

No, I got the Ultra Maverick wheels. Pics are in my profile.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 PM

thanks.

Quick Reply: Wheel and Tire Advice - 2011 F150 Lariat Screw