Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Can I replace my power mirrors with signal/heated mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can I replace my power mirrors with signal/heated mirrors?

Hello,

Had my mirror knocked off my truck again last night (3rd time!) I have the standard manual folding, power mirrors. Can I replace these with mirrors that have built in signals and heat? I found a set on ebay that looks like the new 2009 mirrors that has heat, signals, and power and would like to do a replacement with those, but not sure if the harness for my mirrors carry all of those signals? Can anyone help?

ED7
Old 03-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have non power mirrors, I dont think you will have any wires going to you mirrors. Not sure but, you can check. I just replaced my power mirrors with power, heat and turn mirrors. When I did this only the power worked, no heat and no turn. I plan on running a wire from my turn to the mirror to make them work. As far as the heat, I was told that since I didnt have it, I would have to add all the controls to make it work.

Good Luck on this project...
Old 03-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Animal Hoarder

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I did it do an Expedition and it didint work. I tried comparing wire diagrams and switched the wires in the connectors to make them match and it still didnt operate correctly. The only time the turn signal would work was when the windshield wipers were turned on. Go figure.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:12 PM
04 F150 FX4

talk to Tasca_Josh. He works for Ford and has a post on here selling the OEM mirrors. He would be able to tell you whether or not they will work, and the best course of action to make them work.
The following users liked this post:
Fsauce27 (05-05-2021)
Old 03-06-2011, 02:41 PM

I have an 05 XLT, I just had the power/ heated mirrors and upgraded to the tow mirrors with the signal and puddle lamps, mine was wired for the it. I had to move a pin in the connector to get the signals to work, still don't have the puddle lamps, but I'm not concerned about them as much.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Lineman

To get your turn signals to work if you have power you just move a pin around, I did this when I got my towing mirrors, For puddle lamps on the towing mirrors you need to run a wire which I did and have yet to hook up my heated mirrors....wish I did have to for next winter, one of my projects
Old 03-06-2011, 10:47 PM

OK. I just have the power mirrors, and not the heated or towing/signal mirrors. I would like to replace with mirrors which do both signal and heat as well as the power. Seems strange that ford would run different wires in the trucks...seems like it would be cheaper to just run the same wiring harness and just use mirrors which ignore the extra wires they don't use.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to do to make my current harness work to power the new mirrors? The ones I am looking at don't have the puddle lamps, but do have power, heat, and signals. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Lineman

Originally Posted by electricd7
OK. I just have the power mirrors, and not the heated or towing/signal mirrors. I would like to replace with mirrors which do both signal and heat as well as the power. Seems strange that ford would run different wires in the trucks...seems like it would be cheaper to just run the same wiring harness and just use mirrors which ignore the extra wires they don't use.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to do to make my current harness work to power the new mirrors? The ones I am looking at don't have the puddle lamps, but do have power, heat, and signals. Thanks!
Heat is not easy but look for tascas mirror thread and he has the pin configs then just change one. You can search how to for towing mirror topic that will help
Old 03-07-2011, 12:53 AM
BAMF Club

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Yes you can do it. I did it to my XLT that I added tow mirrors to last weekend. Just get ahold of Josh and he'll hook you up
Old 09-07-2012, 03:50 PM

Default I put raptor mirrors on mine.

Other than putting the extra switches and relays in my truck, do i just need to buy a wiring harness? I only have 4 wires going to my mirrors now and I know I need 16 to power the signals, puddle light and power fold.

Quick Reply: Can I replace my power mirrors with signal/heated mirrors?