Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Lowering Kit Reviews....

Old 03-05-2011, 01:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lowering Kit Reviews....

I've been busy on a couple other threads. Talking with Tony off-Forum. I want to lower my F-150 Scab 5.5 box like 2.5"/4". I've read some about the DJS Kits. Now I'd like to hear from other guys who may have used another kit. Good or bad, I'd like to hear from you. I want to do this right the first time. Please walk me through this process......Monsterface
Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsterface
I've been busy on a couple other threads. Talking with Tony off-Forum. I want to lower my F-150 Scab 5.5 box like 2.5"/4". I've read some about the DJS Kits. Now I'd like to hear from other guys who may have used another kit. Good or bad, I'd like to hear from you. I want to do this right the first time. Please walk me through this process......Monsterface

if you have high miles and only want 2 inches in front you can go with the belltech front kit its adjustable and you get new struts. IN rear all kits are pretty much the same i just like the djms because you can adjust the pinion angle. belltech is another kit but they dont offer 4 inches and mcgaughys i used to sell in the rear but the djm kit is cheaper and with the djm shocks rides better. I dropped the mcgaughys brand for a while allready well over 3 years and honestly belltech or djm by far i like the best.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the insight Tony....The truck only has 11K miles on it. It's an '08. The reason I'm belaboring the point is that I've been around cars for most of my 65 years, and one thing I've learned. Rushing into car stuff usually means that you get to spend that money two or three times trying too undo what you did. I just want the best. That Tech article you sent me was excellent. I want the truck to look as close to the Lowered pic as possible, but if I can come close, I'll be happy. I'm already designing Flames for the vinyl guy, and I'm looking at Americans new El Rey rims. I know this is a stretch most most of the guys here on the Forum, but I'm old and still like the old school vibe. I like the way the other guys are building their rides, but I don't want to be different like everyone else. We all try to do what we like...Mine is just "different"........Monsterface
Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsterface
Thanks for the insight Tony....The truck only has 11K miles on it. It's an '08. The reason I'm belaboring the point is that I've been around cars for most of my 65 years, and one thing I've learned. Rushing into car stuff usually means that you get to spend that money two or three times trying too undo what you did. I just want the best. That Tech article you sent me was excellent. I want the truck to look as close to the Lowered pic as possible, but if I can come close, I'll be happy. I'm already designing Flames for the vinyl guy, and I'm looking at Americans new El Rey rims. I know this is a stretch most most of the guys here on the Forum, but I'm old and still like the old school vibe. I like the way the other guys are building their rides, but I don't want to be different like everyone else. We all try to do what we like...Mine is just "different"........Monsterface

if it only has 11k miles do the djm kit thats for sure. look at the people that have done the djm 2/4 here from me no issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowering Kit Reviews....