Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

P0191 Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Jackman46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0191 Code

All,
I'm new to this site and I'm looking for a little advise. I recently got a check engine light and had the diagnostics run on my truck (2004 F150 Lariat, 5.4). The diagnostics came back as Error code P0191. The truck still runs as if nothings wrong. I've seen other posts about their trucks being dead in the water and the resolutions to their problem. Do any of you know what could be the issue with my truck....I'm assuming the fuel pump is okay since the truck runs fine? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey
Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

p0191 is a fuel rail pressure sensor code, check this thread:

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/think-i...-module-83145/

and from others thread:

"You may want to check out the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) itself, they're notorious for going bad. Our trucks don't have a return in our fuel system, so that module is responsible for adjusting the fuel pump to maintain the pressure. Easy access, just lower the spare tire, two bolts and you're done. "

" So, my 2004 F150 kept stalling on me and i couldnt figure out whatr was wrong with it so i started with the following..after replacing my fuel filter, then my fuel pump...estimated costed of a little over $550, i finally took it to a mechanic and the problem was the fuel pump module. so if ever you run into this problem check this first, its located above the spare tire and its a black box with an aluminum plate on the bottom that is bolted onto the steel frame, and since im up north salt and what not works its way in between these to metal and it corroides the aluminum plate and reveals the electronice circuit board which communicates with the fuel pump, onces this gets wet it shorts out and makes your truck stall. so if anyone runs into this problem, check out your fuel pump module. Hopes this saves some of you some money, unlike myself."
Old 03-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Jackman46

Picaflor,
I'll check that out....thanks for the quick reply.

Jeffrey
Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 AM

I just changed the FPDM on my truck it's on the frame above the spare tire. You can only get it at ford it's around 150 dollars and takes about 15 minutes to change. Be sure to under coat the frame where it mounts so the FPDM doesn't corrode again. My truck was saying the same code and that fixed it.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:02 PM

I'm having issues with this P0191 code on my 2005 ford f150 lariat 5.4

Dealership changed throttle body, and it did nothing. New fuel pressure sensor didn't fix either. The FPDM is in good shape.

Ford has had the truck for 2 weeks now and still have no answers. Nothing but the 700$ they charged me for the throtttle body replacement, that did nothing.

Quick Reply: P0191 Code