Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Programmer

Old 11-04-2006, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Best Programmer

I am looking at getting a programmer for my 2006 F150. Anyone have any recommendations on which one to get. I am leaning towrads the Edge but i dont know a lot about any of them.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I was very close to buying the edge b/c all of the things ive heard on them was good and i really like the guage display that came with it. The only reson i dont have one is b/c it voids the warranty even if you put it on the stock settings it leaves a footprint in the computer system!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:21 PM

im pretty sure all programmers void the warranty so i dunno if i am even going to put any more money into this truck. maybe ust a sound system and then get a new super duty
Old 11-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Voiding the warranty is a tough decision. If you are going to try to resell the truck before the warranty would be up, I probably wouldn't want to do anything that would void the warranty. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:13 PM

i dunno if i am going to sell the truck or give it to someone in my family so who knows i might talk to them to see if they would want it on there
Old 11-06-2006, 08:15 PM

if your going to sell the truck soon i wouldn't waste the 350 on something that you wont get nearly as much back for
Old 11-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Lucky Number 7

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

With the edge all you have to do before taking the truck in for service is retune to stock and pull all the edge equipment out. There is no way of knowing one was installed. I refuse to drive without my tuned 4.6L although I am going in for service soon so I will have too for that...
Old 11-06-2006, 08:21 PM

im not sure how you can tell that the software doesn't leave a footprint b/c i went to the dealer and asked them about the tuners and they sayed that it would leave a footprint and it would void the warranty. If they dont say anything about a footprint when you go in for the service i would be surprised.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Lucky Number 7

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

Haven't heard that in other forums with all kinda guys with tuners with taking thiers in...
Old 11-08-2006, 11:22 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey guys,
I just joined today. Here is my thought. It all depends on the dealer. I had a tuner in my last truck and now my new truck has one to. I am pretty sure it leaves foot prints even if you disconnect the battery to try to clear them. I had a Hypertech first and noticed a 9352 code if I remember it right. I seen it through the test function on the dash gauges. It wasn't there before I tuned it. I sold that tuner and got an Edge It also left a code in there two. It was a different code number, I would have to go and look to see the number. I never had any of these codes before the tuners. I tried to clear them by disconnecting the battery for as much as 6 hours. Codes are still there. The radio never lost any preset stations either. No power for 6 hours, I would had at least thought the radio would need reprogrammed, well the clock did but that was it. Those numbers have some kind of indication that the cpu has been flashed.
If your dealer is going to give you a hard time about it don't get one. Mine doesn't mind and has never given me a warranty problem about it. My opinion on the Edge is it's worth the money to get. I like it. But I wouldn't rate it the best, not yet anyways. I plan to get the SCT LIVEWIRE as soon as it's available and have it tuned by Troy Performance. I am pretty sure it will blow the Edge out the window.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Programmer