Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Need Stop/Tail and Signal Light Wiring Color Codes for Towing Harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Stop/Tail and Signal Light Wiring Color Codes for Towing Harness

95'150

Lost my LH Left side trailer Lights signals/running/brake (driver's side) and seems the 7 Point Connector at the Truck theres no connection proved by an LED adapter. But the RH side works fine!

The wiring harness is albeit a few inches of room (there is very little room between the tire hitch and bumper) and found my test lamp disfunctional which I'll replace this morning but maybe inbetween someone can help me with some answers or other solutions while I find my auto wire and get another test lamp.

I removed both tailllights to expose the wiring... on the left side there is

Grn w/Brown Stripe

Solid Brown/

Solid Black

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THESE WIRES? of couse there are wires for the reverse lights but im only looking for the stop/tail and signal lights

since there is no room and I beleive there may be a short somehere under the truck I did find that some of these wires are "tapped" and there is a little block attached to sheet metal of the light housing. If I can get the other connector off I'll check continuity but when I took one side of there are two pigtails, a its difficult and b I ended up snapping a tab.

Im thinking these tapped yelow wires are somehow for "an Aftermarket alarm system now defunct... and running up to my tuck shell , maybe one was for a brake light on the truck /camper shell the following is what I found.

To cut to the chase my Goal: Get LH trailer lights working as simple as possible and to go through the wires at Lamp and splice them back into the Truck/RV harness after the harness plug connectors.

Since these wires are tapped into, my thoughts are that if these are for the alarm systems/or camper shell , etc. That I can actually go off thse wires if I knew which one opeated what singnals/ stop and to go get some wire to test and to make the permenant connections.

Here's what was done.

Grn w/Brown Stripe /tapped with yellow wire

Solid Brown/

Solid Black/ tapped with yellow wire

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THESE WIRES?

As I mentioned all these yellow wires go to a little inch block with its own pigtail. Any help wiold be appreciated .

Im thinking the grn.brwn is the turn signal and the black is the stop/taillight. Thanks. Dam I wish this was wireless and had a laser sensor conversion for 40 bucks!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Sent you a PM let me know if it came through okay

Quick Reply: Need Stop/Tail and Signal Light Wiring Color Codes for Towing Harness