Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

engine just shut off without warning

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine just shut off without warning

can any one pls help me out 3 weeks ago i was travel on freeway at 65 mph and the engine die without warning since that day trk been sit in the shop 1st shop it been in they check all the wire and found nothing so they thing it need a new ecm so they replace it can't stark after that they thing because the theft system so they reprogram it still couldn't start they gave up tow to dealer they found the fuse was the problem that fuse was relay for the ecm then they said there is a short some where but i have to pay 1200$ to find it but there is no guarantee to find the problem .Can some one out there pls help me give me some ideal f150 2001 5.4 engine crewcab have 94000 mile straight body never been in any body shop just can not let it go so please help for any info i really appreciated .Thank you for reading .Sorry i have to be detail the situation so pls forgive me.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 PM

That is one huge run-on sentence. My 2 yearold speaks better than that. If you could try and write that out so it is understandable more people would attempt to help. The way it is written it takes more effort to decode what you have attemped to say than its worth.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by MedicDiver
That is one huge run-on sentence. My 2 yearold speaks better than that. If you could try and write that out so it is understandable more people would attempt to help. The way it is written it takes more effort to decode what you have attemped to say than its worth.
The most I got is that the truck won't start...

I'd say listen to the dealership.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep definitly having some trouble readin that but it sounds to me like the only thing you can do is let the dealer figure the problem out or buy a new truck.

Quick Reply: engine just shut off without warning