Topic Sponsor

5.4 engine miss no power

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 5.4 engine miss no power

my nitemare begun with the check engine lite . o2 sensor stuck high .I found gas seapage around o2 sensor and #7 exhaust port . replaced 02 and # 7 injector (stuck open dripping when removed) . engine ran good ,low power and knocking noise. Remove left head inspect valves,all seating and all straight. Removed pan and found #7 rod bent. replaced piston and rod. Reassemble with NEW OEM cam phasers ,chain guides,chain adjusters and timing solenoids. still runs rough low power.I then replaced remaining injectors. still the same. Received code PO174 system too lean bank 2 . Compression test was good from 160 to 170 psi.Ther is a slight poping through the air cleaner after running 20 mins. Also i hooked up a vacuum guage and the reading would not stay steady . meaning a mechanical problem. i rechecked the cam timing twice ,it's right on. Also I have battery voltage at the timing solenoids ,both wires. Any help would be gratefully appreciated .I am lost at this point . Thanks Hoser
Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Hoser the first thing you should have done was check the cop's (coil over plugs).
Old 06-29-2010, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westtnfx4
Hoser the first thing you should have done was check the cop's (coil over plugs).
all the coil packs graphed out fine on the modis scope. any other ideas ,this is making me crazy !! thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

You never stated you checked those ...I am still leaning towards the cops tho...

Quick Reply: 5.4 engine miss no power