Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Parking Brake Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Brake Adjustment

Hi, I have a 2004 Expedition. I Just changed my rear pads and rotors today. I turned down the wheel that looks like a gear which adjusts my parking brake about 20 notches or so so I could get my new rotor on. Now I have no parking brake.
My 2005 F150 has a cap that you can pop off from under the truck and adjust the little wheel or gear and adjust the parking brake pads. The Expedition does not.
I tried rolling backwards and stopping about 20 times and that didn't seem to do any good. Do I need to try doing this some more?
Does anyone know if the parking brake pads on a 2004 Expedition are self adjusting or do I have to pay a shop to put it on a lift so they can take both the rear wheels off and adjust them, in which case I didn't save a penny doing my own brakes.
Thanks.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try tightening that wheel back up until you can't tighten it anymore and back it off 5 or 6 times. Make sure your parking brake isn't set while doing this. If you bring your rear tires off the ground, you can check to see if it's engaging while you're down there. Just play around with it a bit until you get the tension set the way you want it.
The following users liked this post:
mfive (07-22-2013)

Quick Reply: Parking Brake Adjustment