Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling a fiberglass cap

Old 03-17-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Selling a fiberglass cap

I really want to get rid of this cap that came with the truck. It is handy to have sometimes but most of the time it takes away from my truck being a truck. It's a Jeraco cab high for a 97-03 6 1/2 ft. bed. Solid window at front, sliders with mesh on side, locking window on back. Interior light and third brake light. Some scratches and gouges on the outside but nothing majorly unsightly. What do you think I could list it for?

I want to use the money from selling it to put towards a softopper. So I was hoping to maybe pull in the 4-500 range. Sound reasonable on craigslist?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

idk, theres quite a few in this area on CL, they go anywhere from $75-$500, you could start high and always come down later, i just relisted my hard tonneau for $300, i want to sell it but don't need to, so im gonna sit on that price for awhile and see what happens

but i completly understand what your saying, they're nice to keep stuff protected sometimes but really take away from it being able to be a truck
Old 03-18-2010, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always keep track of what is being sold on craigslist and from what I have seen caps are pretty hard to sell. They cost a lot new but when you sell them you really have to cut the price. I think you should list it at around 250 but I am guessing you will have to drop the price.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^yea and no companies will take trade ins either, i figured it was worth a shot and got rejected every time
Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 PM

Build yourself a lift assy in your garage and pull in up into the ceiling out out your way. You are going to take a beating in price, better to just hang onto it and use it when you need the extra protection. Just make sure you sell it along with your truck if you do. Your other option is to do what I did with my hard tonneau (its only 3 months old), Put it in the shed wrapped in shipping blankets and kick yourself for not going with a 3 part folding tonneau or no tonneau at all.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Whalersailor18
Build yourself a lift assy in your garage and pull in up into the ceiling out out your way. You are going to take a beating in price, better to just hang onto it and use it when you need the extra protection. Just make sure you sell it along with your truck if you do. Your other option is to do what I did with my hard tonneau (its only 3 months old), Put it in the shed wrapped in shipping blankets and kick yourself for not going with a 3 part folding tonneau or no tonneau at all.
Unfortunately I don't have the room in the garage. Can't go in my bay incase of projectiles from the lathe and it would really screw with my lighting situation for woodworking. Can't do it in another bay as it's too short and you'd smack yourself walking out the door. And the other bay it'd be in the way of the workbench and lighting again.

Plus it's the rents house, they don't want to have my **** hanging from their ceiling when I go off to college.

I may have a temporary solution as I have a friend with a barn. I'm not in desperate need to get rid of it so I may just post a High price and let it sit for a few months till I get a good offer.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a nice fiberglass bed cap that I put on craigslist about a week ago at $475 and haven't gotten a single response yet. Guess the price is too high or nobody wants them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Selling a fiberglass cap