Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

bad pcm??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad pcm??

i have a 2000 f150 and i started having problems with everything... while normal driving engine suddenly shuts down and the odometer dashes out, but the weird thing it starts right up with no hesitation, also while driving at about 50-60mph the rpms suddenly drop to 0 and the transmission goes into third gear for a few seconds then goes back to 4th, and today while driving all the gauges except for the oil pressure dropped and the odometer dashed out but the truck kept running.... the only codes i get is p01131 and p01151 but i know that does not have to do with these events... does anyone have any clue what might be wrong, i just want to get it running right to hit the track again...

Last edited by 6.0dis; 02-07-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:07 AM
OVERTHINKER

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Do a search on info about failing instrument cluster. Also have the battery and alternator checked for there performance. The one thing that is very rare on our trucks is a melt down of the PCM.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 6.0dis
i have a 2000 f150 and i started having problems with everything... while normal driving engine suddenly shuts down and the odometer dashes out, but the weird thing it starts right up with no hesitation, also while driving at about 50-60mph the rpms suddenly drop to 0 and the transmission goes into third gear for a few seconds then goes back to 4th, and today while driving all the gauges except for the oil pressure dropped and the odometer dashed out but the truck kept running.... the only codes i get is p01131 and p01151 but i know that does not have to do with these events... does anyone have any clue what might be wrong, i just want to get it running right to hit the track again...
I am having the same problem with my 2000 f150 also
Old 02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
FLARESIDE MAN !!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6.0dis
Yes I also agree the cluster is cause if the cluster goes out it will cause the the torque convertor to unlock (od) to shift along with other drivability issues not charging,stalling,
the codes you got were for (o2sensors)lean caused by possibly a vaccum leak not sure what engine you have..
hope this helps
Old 02-11-2010, 02:38 PM

well ran a live data and it showed that driver side front 02 sensor was dead, no voltage whatsoever, installed new 02's and still no voltage, ohmed out the signal wire and it was good, so im coming to the conclusion that the computer has gone bad because everything seems to be going bad, the gauges go crazy, theft light comes on, odometer blanks out, so i just ordered a new pcm hope the problem goes away or im going to be in trouble....
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a thread how to repair for a dashing out odometer. The Cluster has to be pulled apart and the solder joint is cracked.

Rob
Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Hit-By-Thunder
there is a thread how to repair for a dashing out odometer. The Cluster has to be pulled apart and the solder joint is cracked.

Rob
should get the pcm today, if it doesnt work ill definitely try that soldering on the dash, thanks

Quick Reply: bad pcm??