Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

F150 stalls when i stop; starts right back up

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F150 stalls when i stop; starts right back up

The engine light was coming on and going off without any noted pattern. Recently the truck has started stalling when i come to a stop - not constant - very intermittent. The truck starts right back up without any problems.

The truck runs and performs great other than what is noted above.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

dump the codes and post them here. Can't tell you whats wrong by just your description...need the stored trouble codes.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F150 stalls when i stop; restarts fine

Pulled code p0506 (idle air control system rpm lower than expected) from the computer; cleared it, but returned in no time. Feels like it has a bad plug? Help!!!

Originally Posted by cr250r
the engine light was coming on and going off without any noted pattern. Recently the truck has started stalling when i come to a stop - not constant - very intermittent. The truck starts right back up without any problems.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CR250R
The engine light was coming on and going off without any noted pattern. Recently the truck has started stalling when i come to a stop - not constant - very intermittent. The truck starts right back up without any problems.

FYI, my '04 was doing this same thing (exact symptoms); I changed the fuel filter and it stopped doing it. I thought about the filter, because just prior to this, I had ran a couple of bottles of HD injector cleaner through the fuel system, via the gas tank. I think a lot of junk clogged up the filter? Maybe not the fix in your case, but just a thought, as this drove me nuts for a month, before I figured it out.

Quick Reply: F150 stalls when i stop; starts right back up