Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Rear disc brake conversion

Old 10-07-2009, 03:31 PM
American Pride!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear disc brake conversion

Ive been interested in converting to rear discs for a while since the ole drums get pretty hot during braking while pulling my boat and the pedal gets very soft and Im finally getting serious about it and I found a site that sells them. If anyone else wants to look into it, the company is called TSM. I just ordered mine. Its 300 bucks for a set and 120 for calibers without parking brake. Honestly, I spent money on new cables for my parking brakes 2 years ago and I havent used them once. But if you did want calibers with a parking brake they offer them for 300 bucks.

TSM
Old 10-07-2009, 07:07 PM
good ol Arizona boy

good to know I have run it to the same problem while towing a trailer too. thanks for sharing
Old 10-07-2009, 07:40 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

$300 for calipers with a parking brake? That's pretty steep considering most companies just use Cadillac calipers anyways. You're required to have a parking brake by law by the way. But if you don't have inspections then who will know?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Springer Spaniels Rule

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

8.8 rear, you can find rear disk set ups from a mustang. You will need to get everything from the flange on, also you will have to convert from steel lines to flex to the calipers.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:45 PM
American Pride!!

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
$300 for calipers with a parking brake? That's pretty steep considering most companies just use Cadillac calipers anyways. You're required to have a parking brake by law by the way. But if you don't have inspections then who will know?
I agree thats a little steep but you could buy the calibers somewhere else if you were a law abiding citizen that was looking for a cheaper bolt on with parking brake as I honestly have to admit that Im not. I tend to be an Outlaw by nature on laws that didnt need to be made in the first place.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:48 PM
American Pride!!

Originally Posted by dirtcrew51m
8.8 rear, you can find rear disk set ups from a mustang. You will need to get everything from the flange on, also you will have to convert from steel lines to flex to the calipers.
The calibers might fit but the rotors have a different bolt pattern. So if you want to stick with same wheels you need a conversion kit.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by swampfishin
The calibers might fit but the rotors have a different bolt pattern. So if you want to stick with same wheels you need a conversion kit.
As long as you can find the same size of a rotor for your 5 lug pattern you should be golden with the mustang system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear disc brake conversion