Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anoying sound getting worst....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 04:25 PM
F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anoying sound getting worst....

I have an 05 Scab FX4, and when i accelerate on a hill there is a weird sound coming from under the truck on driver side. It sounds like vibrating plates but everythings seems to be tight and it's only doing it when i'm accelerating on hill. I tought it could be from the driving shaft joint.
I need more opinion.
Thanks
Old 07-26-2009, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i get a sound myself especially if it gas it a little sounds like a exhaust noise.. i hate the cam phasers or injectors noise..if i want it to sound like a diesel i would have kept my diesel
Old 07-27-2009, 08:47 AM
F-150 Owner

Yeah !! I've got that diesel sound too when my engine reach is temperature, and when it starts and the engine is cold it sounds like the manifold is loosing air, but it's all thight and fine. I hate that sound, it sounds like an old car.
But i still can't find the other noise that I'm talking about. I think I'm gonna change the two joint on the driving shaft and see if it's the problem. The company joint didn't have any grease cup on them.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:22 AM

Thumbs down Undercarridge noise

I have been getting a noise under my 2006. It only started when the shop looked into a vibration. When I switch to 4 wheel the scrapping noise stops. It's going in...again.

Try changing from 4 to 2 wheel to see if it starts or stops. Mine makes this noise when I'm backing up or going forward.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:12 PM
F-150 Owner

I've try what you said and I think we've got the same problem !
Do you know what may do this noise ?
I didn't try it in reverse but it stops when I put the 4 wheel drive on.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:37 PM

I have been dealing with this problem for 1 year now. I changed the IWE Solenoid / 2 Actuators / Vaccum test / Carbon cleaner. The dealer has blown my off and is telling me it is something else and is not covered. I have appointment today actually to do a roadtest at another garage. What I expereince is my enigine boggs down when I hit a hill and when I give it gas to keep my speed is starts to make a metal on metal sound. I have tried with my overdrive off and it still does it, not as loud becuase the rpms are higher. The harder i press on the gas going up the hill and louder is gets. 4x4 is does not do it and the sound is coming from the front left right by my tire. I does not seem to do it as much in the city but it does sometimes if I am passing something going 110km without changing gears. If I find anything out I will let you know exatly what it was and what it cost!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:52 PM
05 f150 screw

weak dude..i had that...the locking hub on the front drivers side was engaging and not disengaging itself when coming out of 4...so it was all chewed to ****
cost me 400 for parts and labour (canadian)..regardless of what it cost it had to be replaced
took me forever to get an idea of what the sound was but when i figured it out and told the mechanic they had no problem finding it, especially when i said "the noise goes away when i put it in 4!!"

Originally Posted by Dirk pitt
I have been getting a noise under my 2006. It only started when the shop looked into a vibration. When I switch to 4 wheel the scrapping noise stops. It's going in...again.

Try changing from 4 to 2 wheel to see if it starts or stops. Mine makes this noise when I'm backing up or going forward.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 PM

Default Same problem

I also have an 05 FX4...I have had the same problem for almost 6 months now. Mine only does it when it is pulling my boat or trailer.....usually around 2500 rpm....Im glad I found this post because noone around here has had the problem. Let me know if you find out the cause.

Thanks

Jeff
lugbc@yahoo.com
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

lots of canadians in this thread.....welcome.....
Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 AM
F-150 Owner

Last night I did some test on my vaccum system.On passenger side my guage mark 21 inches, that is Ford's standards.But on the driver side it only write 14 inches, on both side of the motor I've found two little piping coming from the vaccum line with nothing on the end. When I've put my thumb on the one on passenger side, my tester write 21 inches for the other side.I've just put a plug in it so I've got 21 inches on both sides and tried the truck, everything sounds good, no more grinding noise !!

Quick Reply: Anoying sound getting worst....