Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Banks Power Pack System, AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks Power Pack System, AWESOME!!!

If any of you F150 lovers out there are wondering about the Banks Power Pack System, It's awesome!!! I put it on my '06 F150 Supercrew and It was the best thing I've done yet to my truck. The Power Pack System consists of; Banks Ram Air-Intake, Header Torque Tubes, Monster Exaust (single straight out behind the right rear tire) and OttoMind Programmer.
  • I have my truck programmed at 91 octane, 580 rev/mile, speed limiter off, and gear shifting ratio at 3.73.
  • While driving with cruise control on the exaust sound is not that noticeable until you tap the gas with your foot.
  • Very easy to spin the rear wheels now; although I do believe if my wheels/tires were a little smaller I would be able to spin them a lot more.
  • Sitting in a stationary position and then flooring the gas pedal, there's no delay immediate torque and horsepower response.
If anybody is looking to do this and spend the money, it is well worth it!
I'll have to take some pics and upload them so anyone interested can see what it looks like.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 AM
2006 F-150 5.4 4x4

I would love to do the banks package...but am not willing to pay that kind of BIG bucks for it...pretty over priced in my opinion..maby if they drop the price about 600 bones. btw, how much did you get it for and where?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 PM

I live in Las Vegas and ended up purchasing it from the Ford Dealership I bought my truck at. Orginally I was going to buy it directly from Banks for $1883.00 with no tax or shipping straight to my house. I spoke with the after-market guy at the Ford dealership and he got it for $1700.00 flat from his wholesaler. In the end I paid including installation by the guys at Ford $2289.00. To me it was worth it; I didn't have to deal with the headache of getting to the headers which apparently is a bitch if you have an FX4.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:34 AM

Default ITS a Bitch...

I have the JBA Headers, Magnaflo muffler, AFE cold air intake and Edge Evolution....

As far as the headers being difficult to do, I will attest to that...I am very methodical when I do any work, let alone on my F150. The hardest side is the passenger side. The engine mount has to be removed, the starter, trans dip stick, intake tube and then jacked up 1" to gain access to the header/ manifold bolts. Then on the install, you have maybe 2 or 3 bolts that are nearly impossible to gain access too.

Anyhow, this combo works for me...closest thing to the Banks Power Pack before Banks came out with it.

-Ted
Old 07-12-2009, 09:05 AM
A New York state of mind

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The power pack in theory is a nice package but way overpriced and like snow said you can get much more for cheaper!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive got the intake and like it aesthetically, before exhaust it had some drone to it that wasnt really annoying, just different. I ended up doing a custom side exit exhaust using 2.5" stainless tubing and a borla pro xs muffler, Ive got my own preferences for other parts and dont tend to stick with one manufacturer for parts unless they are oem.

Quick Reply: Banks Power Pack System, AWESOME!!!