Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto Trail Grapplers INPUT/FEEDBACK

Old 05-29-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto Trail Grapplers INPUT/FEEDBACK

Alright, Its time to make my 13' FX4 screw look like a "REAL" truck. I think I am getting the Rancho 4" Lift Kit. I'm sold on the Fuel Octane 22"x10" Black Wheels. Now the only thing I'm not 100% sure of yet is the tires.
I LOVE the Nitto Trail tires. I just don't want a loud humming noise driving around. I want to get the 325x50x22. I don't want to have to go with the Terra's. They look good but not as good as the trials.
Can I get some feedback from some guys that are running these tires. Maybe even someone that is running the same size tires?
Old 05-29-2014, 10:20 AM

Received 538 Likes on 448 Posts

Get the trails. Nothing looks worse than a lifted truck with a nice sized wheel and AT's, specifically Terra's. If you must have an AT get one that is somewhat aggressive (Procomp AT, Toyo Extreme AT)
Old 05-29-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts

Not the same size, but I'm running the Trails. The sound doesn't bother me at all, but it is certainly noticeable. Definitely louder than stock. With my radio volume turned up about half way, it's hardly noticeable. But if you are concerned about hearing them, they aren't for you. If you want an awesome looking tire and aren't concerned about hearing them, they are your ticket.

I took this video to for the exhaust sound, but you can hear how the tires sound in the video. Take a listen:

Old 05-29-2014, 10:25 AM

The trail grapplers are very loud on the highway.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by zimmer0
Get the trails. Nothing looks worse than a lifted truck with a nice sized wheel and AT's, specifically Terra's. If you must have an AT get one that is somewhat aggressive (Procomp AT, Toyo Extreme AT)

I don't need a AT. I only drive 9K miles a year so its not a must. I just need the wife to not complain while in the truck so she is ok with the purchase.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by il_duce
Not the same size, but I'm running the Trails. The sound doesn't bother me at all, but it is certainly noticeable. Definitely louder than stock. With my radio volume turned up about half way, it's hardly noticeable. But if you are concerned about hearing them, they aren't for you. If you want an awesome looking tire and aren't concerned about hearing them, they are your ticket.

I took this video to for the exhaust sound, but you can hear how the tires sound in the video. Take a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAO920tLTDY
You can hear it but you also had the music off and you could hear the blinker clear as day. Your exhaust is almost louder than the tires. Which you have the same exhaust I want. 90% of my driving is city and maybe 1-2 times on the weekend I go on the highway.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:32 AM
FoMoCo Employee

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You may also want to look at the TOYO Open Country M/T's .. they look just as aggressive as the TRAIL GRAPS but "sing" a little less than the TRAILS.
Also, as stated above by [MENTION=120577]zimmer0[/MENTION] , nothing looks worse than a lifted truck with AT ( an oversize radial tire, IMO ).

Here is a shot of my TOYO 35" M/T's on a 20" rim:
Attached Thumbnails Nitto Trail Grapplers INPUT/FEEDBACK-toyo_35.jpg  
Old 05-29-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeThrottle
You can hear it but you also had the music off and you could hear the blinker clear as day. Your exhaust is almost louder than the tires. Which you have the same exhaust I want. 90% of my driving is city and maybe 1-2 times on the weekend I go on the highway.
Yup. Like I said, you can definitely hear it and it's certainly louder than stock. Doesn't bother me in the least bit and they look sweet. Best looking mud tire in my opinion. I've just heard of people going and buying them and returning them after 100 miles because "their head was hurting from the sound." Not sure what they were expecting.

Last edited by il_duce; 05-29-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:35 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My driving is similar to yours but I also tow a TT during the warmer months and they are loud as hell on the highway. As much as I love the look, the noise plus the weight of them will make me get a different tire next time.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by R4ZORBL4DE
You may also want to look at the TOYO Open Country M/T's .. they look just as aggressive as the TRAIL GRAPS but "sing" a little less than the TRAILS.
Also, as stated above by @zimmer0 , nothing looks worse than a lifted truck with AT ( an oversize radial tire, IMO ).

Here is a shot of my TOYO 35" M/T's on a 20" rim:
Those do look amazing as well. Will most people agree that they are quieter than the Trails?
Hows the price point on the open's over the trails?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitto Trail Grapplers INPUT/FEEDBACK