Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I wait...

Old 04-29-2014, 08:37 PM
It's an ID10T error sir!

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Should I wait...

I've been working with a few dealers on pricing on a Raptor. All have said they can still order or have 1 in transit...then, they immediately say, "we're slapping anywhere from 4-7k on top of msrp"...though a couple of dealers have stated they would honor a truecar quote and possibly do better...question is, do I want to go this route...

I bought my FX4 back in September and have been doing mods here and there...but, I always go back to the Raptor which I was deadset on purchasing but ended up being blinded by a too good to pass up deal. I had an appraisal done yesterday, 7k miles on her and basically was offered 7k below what i paid...and I tend to pay my cars / trucks off within 2 years so I've been paying a good amount each month....the trade value I was given was a more than what I owe - mind you I had a pretty decent trade when i bought the FX4.

Question is, should I pull the trigger or wait...supposedly the Raptor will be back in 2016, but there's no guarantee...
Old 04-29-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

If you can get a 2014 raptor for less than MSRP this late in the game then I think you know your answer. Look at what the resale would of been if you would of gotten that raptor instead of the FX4 with the exact same scenario but somehow I bet you've already done that exercise.

I bought one and so far its the first truck that makes me think of no other truck.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:53 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't gamble on the raptor returning either! I've heard from more than one dealership that they will not be returning, as well as the gt500!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:02 PM
It's an ID10T error sir!

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by RDFTS
If you can get a 2014 raptor for less than MSRP this late in the game then I think you know your answer. Look at what the resale would of been if you would of gotten that raptor instead of the FX4 with the exact same scenario but somehow I bet you've already done that exercise.

I bought one and so far its the first truck that makes me think of no other truck.
Oh you know it...i kick my own *** regularly...below msrp is tough in jersey...i have gotten a couple quoting at msrp.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 PM
LONE STAR

Received 629 Likes on 432 Posts

Just get the Raptor. Life's too short
The following users liked this post:
SlimChaChi (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 2,947 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by SlimChaChi
I've been working with a few dealers on pricing on a Raptor. All have said they can still order or have 1 in transit...then, they immediately say, "we're slapping anywhere from 4-7k on top of msrp"...though a couple of dealers have stated they would honor a truecar quote and possibly do better...question is, do I want to go this route...

I bought my FX4 back in September and have been doing mods here and there...but, I always go back to the Raptor which I was deadset on purchasing but ended up being blinded by a too good to pass up deal. I had an appraisal done yesterday, 7k miles on her and basically was offered 7k below what i paid...and I tend to pay my cars / trucks off within 2 years so I've been paying a good amount each month....the trade value I was given was a more than what I owe - mind you I had a pretty decent trade when i bought the FX4.

Question is, should I pull the trigger or wait...supposedly the Raptor will be back in 2016, but there's no guarantee...
On top of????

Screw that! I was at a Ford dealer today and they had four on the lot...including a nice ruby red supercrew...I didn't see anyone fighting over them! Besides, you can buy a fully equipped fx4, and mod it with high end suspension and wheels/tires for less than a Raptor will cost you.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:37 PM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

Oh you know it...i kick my own *** regularly...below msrp is tough in jersey...i have gotten a couple quoting at msrp.
Right now, just getting one at MSRP is considered a decent deal.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually just got rid of my 2013 FX4 and picked up a 2014 Raptor. Couple of reasons.

Just re-upped for another 6 years with a bonus.
I had to have the seal on the transmission replaced because it was leaking
I was concerned about the longevity of the electric steering rack with bigger tires and rims.
That stage 5 ICON suspension I put on I now realize is crap. ICON failed to mention their suspension would not work with factory spec'ed rims and tires(rubbed on remote res).
They failed to mention that their neoprene protective sleeves would rub on the axle boots.
No matter how soft you set the suspension it rode to hard. I think if I had a heavier engine 6.2L maybe it might have made a difference.
The damn suspension squeaked something fierce. Started with the rear shocks like if you hop on the bed. Then when I was using the running board to get in one day I noticed the front squeaking. Done...
end rant about ICON.

So I had concerns about my 2013's repair bill after warranty since I was having major issues early so I bailed. I didnt go upside down so that made it even better.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by dannofx4
on top of????

Screw that! I was at a ford dealer today and they had four on the lot...including a nice ruby red supercrew...i didn't see anyone fighting over them! Besides, you can buy a fully equipped fx4, and mod it with high end suspension and wheels/tires for less than a raptor will cost you.
6.2 l ??
Old 04-30-2014, 07:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There will be a new raptor for sure. Probably coming next year. Rumors are v8 ecoboost

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I wait...