Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

sido/dido

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 03:09 AM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
Default sido/dido

can anyone explain to me the difference between all the different types of exhaust and everything? or link me to a thread.. sorry bit of a newbie when it comes to exhaust but I tried searching and it just goes to eBay
Old 03-25-2013, 03:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

everything you need to know is right here http://www.f150online.com/forums/exh...ust-guide.html
Old 03-25-2013, 04:44 AM
Storm Chaser /Navy Vet

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogan
everything you need to know is right here http://www.f150online.com/forums/exh...ust-guide.html
Wow! I wish I had seen this when I was exhaust shopping! But at least I have bought cats yet. That's already on my to-do list.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Nut up or shut up

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogan
Kind of glad you posted this, but I have a question (sorry if im thread stealing)

I have SOTB right now and actually did get close to crushing it while climbing a dirt hill the other day. I was looking at lightning style because im not a big fan of the 45 degrees and I was wondering :

1. Could I get lightning where one pipe exits on the drivers side and another on the passengers? (kind of like 45 but in front of the tire)

2. If yes to that, could I get it so it looks like theres a 2 pipe exit on each side making the illusion of 4 pipes(ive seen these before)

3. Would these get hit easily off roading? I dont see they would but just incase. I also go up some pretty bad hills so I think the 45 may hit if I lean too far to one side, not sure.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 AM
Mark

Received 2,415 Likes on 2,116 Posts

so it looks like a dragster...
Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Ryan

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

you could do that, you'd have some fabricating to do to make hangers for it, but you'd have to run true duals, then get two mufflers that a single in/dual out, and then make you tail pipes dump out right in front of the rear wheels at 45's. Definitely possible, just going to be loud since the mufflers will be right under your *** and the pipes will be right behind your head lol
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Nut up or shut up

Originally Posted by rmp213
you could do that, you'd have some fabricating to do to make hangers for it, but you'd have to run true duals, then get two mufflers that a single in/dual out, and then make you tail pipes dump out right in front of the rear wheels at 45's. Definitely possible, just going to be loud since the mufflers will be right under your *** and the pipes will be right behind your head lol
Loud? Perfect. I love loud and annoying. (anyone know a good place to get a train horn? )
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by HighAngeledHell
1. Could I get lightning where one pipe exits on the drivers side and another on the passengers? (kind of like 45 but in front of the tire)
Anything is possible, but with the gas tank sitting under the drivers side it would take some pretty creative pipe bending.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 PM

Received 151 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by HighAngeledHell

Loud? Perfect. I love loud and annoying. (anyone know a good place to get a train horn? )
I have just the horns for sale if you're interested

Originally Posted by Flash!

Anything is possible, but with the gas tank sitting under the drivers side it would take some pretty creative pipe bending.
I have a Saleen exhaust sitting in my garage which goes out both sides before the tire. It bends immediately after exiting the muffler to go over the gas tank and then back down along the side of the truck until you get to where you want it to exit.
I'm debating on whether to put it on or not.

To the OP, I'd say you should go with true duals to begin with. It has the best performance out of all the setups. Better to pay a little more and get the best the first time than to turn around a do it again!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Nut up or shut up

Originally Posted by sdatrlp23
I have just the horns for sale if you're interested

I have a Saleen exhaust sitting in my garage which goes out both sides before the tire. It bends immediately after exiting the muffler to go over the gas tank and then back down along the side of the truck until you get to where you want it to exit.
I'm debating on whether to put it on or not.

To the OP, I'd say you should go with true duals to begin with. It has the best performance out of all the setups. Better to pay a little more and get the best the first time than to turn around a do it again!
If you dont want to put it on maybe we can work something out. Im deploying in september so I get pre deployment leave in july/aug and I was thinking about texas.