Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Levelling Kit on 2013 F-150 4X4

Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Goo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Levelling Kit on 2013 F-150 4X4

I've read almost all the threads on here concerning levelling kits, but still had some questions. Ideally this could be a discussion to clear things up once and for all for new Ford owners.

1) What size lift makes a factory 4x4 look level? Members used to say 2 inch, but now saying with new body style 1.5 inch actually gives you 2 inches of lift and thus level.

2) What is height of vehicle after lift. My office garage is 6'8. According to specs from Ford, 2013 4x4 is 6'4 so I should be okay after lift.

3). I see alot of members on here using AutoSpring brand but when I google I don't see it. Was this company bought by someone or can you point me in the right direction.

4) I work next to 4wheelparts.com and would like to use them to install, but it appears they only offer Pro Comp, Skyjacker, and Tuff Country. Has anyone had experience with these brands. Any suggestions?

5) 4WheelParts doesn't offer a 1.5 inch lift, only 2 inch. Will this be a problem? My research has led me to believe 1.5 is best to level 2013.

6) Warranty. Is there any concern with voiding warranty by adding these? Is there any benefit from having work done by dealership.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Goo

Follow on question:

4wheelparts is $650 for the Pro Comp 2 inch. This also includes alignment cam which they say is required to align 2009+ models since can't reach after 2 inch lift. Price includes alignment.

PerformanceParts is $350 for Pro Comp 2 inch. Since the product retails for $180 this means they are doing work for less than $150. The do not install alignment cams but do claim to do alignment.

I called 4wdparts back and asked why so much more. He said competitor is not true alignment but a "tow and go" because they cannot do alignment without cams.

Thoughts?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Lookin' for Trouble

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

autospring 2" will level you out. It's actually 1.5" spacer i believe. That's to go up. To go down the DJM or Belltech 2" drop shackle will do you just fine.

You will be fine getting in your garage.

The autospring leveling spacer is $60 and no, alignment is not required for either the drop or lift. I do my own work but, I was quoted $199 install on the lowering level or lift.

you can find the kit on ebay. for lowering, contact the DJM/Belltech suspension guy. he hangs out in the lowered trucks subsection of the performance section.

I was told by the stealership this will not void your warranty(up or down). Some dealerships however will fight you on just changing oil somewhere other than the said stealer.

IMO, everyone over thinks leveling kits. It's not cosmic and it doesn't change the suspension geometry enough to make a difference in tire wear unless you have warn suspension parts and in that case, they needed replaced anyway.
The following users liked this post:
Loosescrews (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Goo

Originally Posted by t147
autospring 2" will level you out. It's actually 1.5" spacer i believe.

The autospring leveling spacer is $60 and no, alignment is not required for either the drop or lift.
I wonder if the Pro Comp 2 is actually a 1.5 also?

I guess autospring is only ebay. That's the only place I can find them. They claim to have some "proprietary offset" that prevents rubbing.

Are you sure about no alignment after install. Everyone, even the cheap shop says you need alignment?

Thx
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM

where are you located. i am in the same boat
Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Lookin' for Trouble

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no, an alignment is not needed. You can ask for a check if you're concerned and that is usually half the price of the actual alignment.

Yes Ebay was the only place I could find them as well.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

I dunno, maybe it's just me. I don't particularly think that the OEM stance looks bad, or "needs to be level." Maybe I just like the rake going up slightly from front to back. It's not like it looks horrible as is...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 PM

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Link

http://autospringcorp.com/
Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

no, an alignment is not needed. You can ask for a check if you're concerned and that is usually half the price of the actual alignment.

Are you sure about no-alignment needed? Mine sure did after adding my 2" Hellbent spacers which are actually 1.5"

Last edited by rich_earth; 01-25-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

Yes an alignment IS needed.
Since we're speaking of Auto Spring, go to their site and download the install instructions. It'll tell you right there. You could also call 'Kevin' the owner of A/S and he'll tell you the same thing. It throws your camber off. Just because you may be able to drive your truck down the road after the install and have it track straight down the middle of the road, it doesn't mean you aren't out of alignment.
What MIGHT be the point of confusion is whether or not you need aftermarket alignment cams. I can only speak for the A/S 3" spacer, and the answer is NO.
Again, calling Kevin will verify this.
As far as contacting him/Auto Spring:
autospringcorp.com
To answer the questions 'How tall' and 'how much'..? The answer is, it depends on your truck.
My rake was 3", a buddy of mine with the same truck but shorter bed had a 2.5" rake, people in this thread are saying they had a 2" rake.
You have varying 4wd models in the lineup that come with different shocks/springs, which in and of themselves create different front-end heights.
You also have different size wheels and tires installed on the various models, which also contribute to varied vehicle heights throughout the model line.
Lastly you have the (apparently) wide range of coil-spring tension(s) even within the SAME model/trim level.
As Kevin at A/S put it, 'you can line up 10 different F150 FX4's and have 10 different vehicle heights'.
Obviously 'how tall' will depend on the above, plus how much you raise your front, and what size tires you install afterwards.

Last edited by yokev; 01-26-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Levelling Kit on 2013 F-150 4X4