Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 USB Sync Update?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:16 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

So what all does this update do? So far i have noticed a few things but not really sure why these things were worth an update.

*When in reverse there are lines AND blocks to show your distance. Which honestly i think is retarded cause the blocks actually block your view some of the hitch when backing up.

*EVERYTHING time i crank my truck SYNC stays that my 911 is set to off.

*My A/C seats light all 3 blue lights faster now.

What has everybody else noticed?

Wayne
Old 08-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTallest
Yes, Jaclyn I was able to log on. It says I'm up to date.
Originally Posted by Z7What
When i looked up my truck on SYNC website to see if my truck feel into the update it said that it was all up to date.Then two days later i got a letter from SYNC saying that my truck WAS due for an update.

Wayne
Hey, guys -

Like thiggins said, the 3.6.2 update is exclusive to vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch.

Here's a link to see which system is offered for each trim level:

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/...?vehicle=f-150

When update and/or enhancements are available for your vehicles, an announcement in our SyncMyRide owner forum:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Wayne - The FX2 offers MyFord Touch as an option. If you have this features, send me a PM with your VIN and address; I'll get a preloaded USB out to you in the mail.

UPDATE: I see you were able to install the update. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Originally Posted by Ford850
Yep. MFT and the latest update is Gen2-V3.6.2
I got it downloaded and installed easily. My point was that the Ford site does confirm it in the details of my account, but not on the first page of "my account/sync software" for some reason. On that page it lists the latest confirmation date as the original build back in May. But open the details of that and it also confirms my install from last week.
Hey, Ford850 -

Do you mind sending me your VIN in a PM so I can pass this along to web support? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Clone
I got the update to work just fine, but It will not load the xln file to report the update on the website. Not sure why.
Which internet browser are you using, clone? Did you happen to report the update by running a Vehicle Health Report?

Originally Posted by Z7What
So what all does this update do? So far i have noticed a few things but not really sure why these things were worth an update.

*When in reverse there are lines AND blocks to show your distance. Which honestly i think is retarded cause the blocks actually block your view some of the hitch when backing up.

*EVERYTHING time i crank my truck SYNC stays that my 911 is set to off.

*My A/C seats light all 3 blue lights faster now.

What has everybody else noticed?

Wayne
The update covers the following:

• Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
• Simplified graphics and improved usability
• Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
• Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
• Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
• Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

Jaclyn

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 08-23-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam

Which internet browser are you using, clone? Did you happen to report the update by running a Vehicle Health Report?

Jaclyn
I am using IE 10 or whatever is current I guess. I just ran a health report today, so I will see if tha takes care of it.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Question

Just downloaded the new sync update but cant open the WinZip file because my WinZip trial has ended. Of course I can purchase WinZip but I don't use WinZip enough to purchase is there a work around that can be done?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by gray rider
Just downloaded the new sync update but cant open the WinZip file because my WinZip trial has ended. Of course I can purchase WinZip but I don't use WinZip enough to purchase is there a work around that can be done?
You shouldn't have to open the file. Just move it to the thumb drive and take it to the truck.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:39 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
Originally Posted by Fodase
It's a good update, but I'm wondering how people with no "tech skills" will fare with it. I'm thinking about the many people who don't know how to copy/paste or send an email, now they have to download a zip file, unpack it, lose the index file, copy the needed files to a suitable flash drive, and then install the update.

I would imagine that dealers will be getting a lot of requests to perform this update.
You don't have to do all that to do the newest update. If you put the thumb drive in the computer and point the SyncMyRide site to that drive, it does all that for you. You don't have to worry about a zip or index, etc. The site will do all that for you as long as you point it to download straight to a FAT32 formatted thumb drive.
This update may be automated for some, but I'm in the same boat as Fodase: The download page contained a link to start the download, and a series of screen shots describing how to save the file, find the downloaded file, manually extract all of the files to a USB stick, and then manually eject the USB stick. While the download page gave good detailed instructions, there are non-technical people out there who may be stymied by the manual process, even with all of the details and screen shots on the download page. For me, and probably a lot of other people on here, a simple statement of "Download the zip file, then expand it to the root of a USB drive" would've been sufficient, but there are people out there who won't be able to follow even the detailed process: I doubt my wife would've been able to do it without assistance (and she'd be the first to admit it!)

I wonder what triggers the automatic vs manual download pages? I've got an older computer with an older OS, maybe that's it?

Originally Posted by BCMIF150
Originally Posted by gray rider
You shouldn't have to open the file. Just move it to the thumb drive and take it to the truck.

Looks like gray rider is another one faced with the manual install process. Yes, you do have to extract the downloaded .zip file to the USB drive. If your WinZip is expired, and you don't want to pay for it, go ahead and use the add/remove programs control panel to delete WinZip from your system. Basic zip file operations are built into the more recent version of windows:
  • To extract a zip file, right-click on it and select "Extract All..." then follow the wizard prompts. (This is described in the manual update process on the download page.)
  • To compress a zip file or folder, right click on it and select "Send To" and then "Compressed (zipped) Folder
Neither option gives you as much control as WinZip (or my favorite 7-Zip) but it gets the job done in most cases, and is all you need for this update. If your version of Windows is so old that it doesn't have these options, then you're going to have to pony up for something like WinZip or 7-Zip - not just for this update, it'll be useful in many other situations.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Just updated mine with no problems, and that's a feat for me as I'm technologically challenged. It took approx. 30 minutes, but wiped out all of my wallpapers. Thanks a bunch to Wayne (Z7What) for the help. I couldn't confirm the update on my computer because of the stupid stupid web site. I called the SYNC line, and they took care of the confirmation.

FYI, for those that have trouble with downloading. You can call the SYNC people, and they will send you a USB already loaded at no cost. I was going to do that, but finally got it to download to my USB.

Last edited by Wanted33; 08-27-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Clone
I am using IE 10 or whatever is current I guess. I just ran a health report today, so I will see if tha takes care of it.
Did the Vehicle Health Report take care of it, Clone?

Originally Posted by Wanted33
Just updated mine with no problems, and that's a feat for me as I'm technologically challenged. It took approx. 30 minutes, but wiped out all of my wallpapers. Thanks a bunch to Wayne (Z7What) for the help. I couldn't confirm the update on my computer because of the stupid stupid web site. I called the SYNC line, and they took care of the confirmation.

FYI, for those that have trouble with downloading. You can call the SYNC people, and they will send you a USB already loaded at no cost. I was going to do that, but finally got it to download to my USB.
To piggyback off of Wanted33, you can also come to me if you're having trouble downloading and need a USB sent. PM your name, VIN, mailing address, and the issue you're experiencing.

Jaclyn
Old 08-28-2013, 05:47 PM

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

Jack,
Can I download this on my Mac or do I need a windows machine?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:34 PM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

Just updated my SYNC, the update to the ac seats button, and song and artist on the entertainment section was worth the update.

Quick Reply: 2013 USB Sync Update?