Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Water Pump???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Pump???????

I was underneath my truck last night greasing everything and noticed some leaking anti-freeze on the bottom of the water pump. Truck has never overheated on me but my heat is way below adequate in this thing it will barely defrost my windows. Ive changed the tstat and flushed the radiator and the heater core on several occasions and still no heat. Im hoping this water pump is my heat issue? Could this be my problem even tho my truck isnt overheating???
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Title

Received 497 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Mullins
I was underneath my truck last night greasing everything and noticed some leaking anti-freeze on the bottom of the water pump. Truck has never overheated on me but my heat is way below adequate in this thing it will barely defrost my windows. Ive changed the tstat and flushed the radiator and the heater core on several occasions and still no heat. Im hoping this water pump is my heat issue? Could this be my problem even tho my truck isnt overheating???
It could be. If you don't drive for hours at a time it may not get to operating temperature. You live somewhere with frost so it will take longer for your truck to heat up. Leaking can be a sign of a bad WP. I would replace it, you certainly don't want your truck to over heat and warp something.

When you say it barely defrosts the window, is it because you haven't ran it to operating temp before you reach your destination? Is it because the blower is not working correctly?

Quick Reply: Water Pump???????