Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

CD Stuck in the CD Player

Old 01-14-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Stuck in the CD Player

Has anyone else had this problem? I have an 05 F150 with the CD Player and the CD won't eject and say Eject Error. Its not a burned CD, any thoughts of how to get it out?
Thanks
Sean
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Got Triton?

i used to get this alot on my aftermarket player, i dont know the system you have but if there is a small opening near the eject button(like the one on computer cd drives), take a paperclip bend so its flat and put it in the opening. that should get it out.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had the same problem with mine...my truck was still under warrenty, took it to the shop and they gave me a brand new one....if its just starting to do it there is a chance this is the beggining of the end
Old 01-14-2009, 12:15 PM

my stock one did that but i just bought an aftermarket one
Old 01-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Try removing the fuse for the radio. Wait 5 minutes then re-install. This forces a power reset (you will loose your station presets). Then see if it will eject the CD.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks I will try all of them and see. It is the Stock CD Player not 6 disc just regular cd player.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:26 PM

Default CD player won't eject....

Realize this is an old thread but, figured I'd reawaken it....

I'm having the same problem with the 6 disc CD player in my 2008 F-150 Lariat. I used a business card to remove the CD's. The system was lifting the CD but, not ejecting them. I just watched through the slot and when I saw the CD being lifted, I slid the business card in underneath the CD and it was ejected.

I paid a visit to the local Ford dealership (not the one where I purchased the truck new, that dealership lost its franchise with Ford) and of course the price quoted to fix the problem was staggering.

If anybody has pulled the fascia off the system, you have the CD player on top, then the CRT screen next and so on. I noticed a poster had changed their CD to an aftermarket unit so, I'm wondering if anybody has a recommendation about replacing my unit with an aftermarket setup? Mine is the 6 CD changer. I have to believe the stock unit can be removed from the component chassis and there has to be a 6 disc CD player out there manufactured by some company that will fit? I would certainly want to replace the unit with an upgrade in quality if one exists?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated in helping me resolve the issue with my sick CD player? I would visit a few audio installers locally to get a price for such a fix. Got to believe it would be cheaper than what the Ford dealership quoted me. They claim the entire unit, CD player, CRT, etc has to be replaced...no way I'm spending thousands of $$$'s just to listen to the CD player. Will just stick with my MP3 before I'll spend the money they were asking for.

Best regards o all,

Gordo
Old 01-18-2014, 04:42 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm assuming your radio looks like the one pictured?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-06-13-AM-FM-6-Disc-mp3-CD-Radio-Chrome-Trim-Audiophile-Part-8E5T-18C815-BE-/400514697775?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2008%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item5d40894a2f&vxp=mtr
It's $220 on ebay, and you could take it to an audio shop to install, but honestly I'd do it myself, just pop off the trim panel, remove 4 screws, unplug old one, and plug in new one.
You could also always upgrade to something aftermarket, you can get a touchscreen with Bluetooth for around $350+install

Please note though that the radio I linked to is only if you have the sub woofer under your back seat...aka the "Audiophile" system. You need a different one if you don't have the subwoofer.
Attached Thumbnails CD Stuck in the CD Player-6cd.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD Stuck in the CD Player