Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

2001 ford 4.6 no power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2001 ford 4.6 no power to fuel pump

Hey guys, if you have not already read my problem in the 1997-2003 forum “01 f150 burnt in fire now will not start PLEASE HELP” let me tell you my current problem

My uncle’s 2001 f150 was burnt in a fire on the passenger side interior and engine compartment. We have completely replaced every wiring harness in the interior and in the hood. We have purchased two different computers from other 2001 trucks.

Our current problem is we cannot get any power to the fuel pump. When you turn the key switch to try to start it there is only a ½ second or less burst of power going to the fuel pump inertia switch on the passenger sidekick panel on the test light. I’ve got a wiring diagram for the truck and there are only two wires on the fuel pump switch a pink on that runs to the fuel pump and a dark green with yellow strip wire. On the diagram the green wire comes from the PCM and the power distribution box (fuse box) under the hood they connect and then run to the switch. My question is what is causing the switch not to receive power to the fuel pump. By the way it is doing the same thing on both PCMs.

This truck will run if power gas down the intake but it does not start. It just not running the fuel pump? What do yall think is my problem?

Do you think the computer need reprogrammed in order to work? Another question I have since the new computers when you turn the switch on the odometer mileage will not light up? Do these trucks have some kind of theft lock when the computers are removed or something? PLEASE HELP
The following users liked this post:
MeducunA@2022 (09-05-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Maybe the problem is not only in the wires, but also in the fuse box itself.
Since the wires were damaged, the fuses may have blown

Quick Reply: 2001 ford 4.6 no power to fuel pump