Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally!! Something OEM premium speakers are good for!!

Old 04-21-2012, 02:59 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Default Finally!! Something OEM premium speakers are good for!!

Finally!! Something OEM premium speakers are good for!!

I wanted to replace those fantastic OEM speakers (one which was blown from factory) with some real ones so I went online and ordered speakers. I then was getting ready to order 4 of the speaker adapters at 10 bucks a piece so I wouldn't have to cut the factory wiring and said!! OMG, I think I found something good about those premium speakers Ford installed in my truck! So here you go! a way to save 40 bucks using the OEM speakers. What is great about this, there is no need to tuck extra wires, it won't vibrate and you can say, " I got good use out of my Factory installed speakers!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I did exactly what you did. No need to buy adapters.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:16 PM
got mule?

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Did the same on my 05. Now when I went to trade it in I wanted the speakers I put in it. So out came the soldering iron to repair the oem's. I was rushing as it was about 2am and told myself not to grab the hot end of the iron...yep, I did it. Nice scabs that lasted two weeks or so. Dummy. Friend of mine told me I should've just popped them in the and not even worried about having them work.

Curious, what do you guys do to reverse doing this?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:27 PM

I just leave them in and buy a new set for the next vehicle. I figure I got my use out of them and I don't waste the time of tearing the old ones out. besides they are always improving on speaker technology so I get what's hot at the time I am doing it. I really never had a time where I had a set of speakers that couldn't be replaced by others with even better sound. TBS, all you would have to do is solder the cut leads back to the connector , glue the connector back to the metal plate and you are ready to go!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Speakers

I'm looking at ordering 6x8 for front and back, will this fit ? Doing a lot of research and I found a site that rated top 10 speakers and JBL was listed number one. Has anyone had these speakers don't remember the exact item number. Also curious if a amp would be needed. I have the Sony 700 watt system but if it's like the factory speakers just don't know if it will be sufficient to drive these speakers. Please chime in if you used JBL's. Torn between those and Boston Acoustic. Amazon has the JBL for much cheaper price.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 PM

Not sure but I can say on the 2012 6x8 is what is in both front and rear. You want to keep an eye on the depth though since I have read some have had the window scrap the back of the speakers. I would think 2009 to 2012 use the same 6x8's. AS for your choice both are great speakers. I would suggest going to a stereo shop and listen to them. Speakers in the top 10 are all quality but also all sound different. some have more bass than others and so on. If you are going with sub's then you wouldn't need speakers that produce as much bass. Another thing is your style of music and your taste in sound. You can post a question in the stereo section and get 10 different answer as to which sound the best, and guess what?? they do, to the person suggesting them.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 PM

Sorry I forgot about the amp question. I would suggest buying an amp to run the new speakers. I don't have the sony system so you may want to ask over in the stereo section. Maybe someone there can tell you if the sony amp will handle the speakers. I myself went with a 5 channel amp, first because I installed dual 8" subs and second it doesn't take up as much room as two separate amps. I am very pleased with my setup. I never owned any Rockford Fosgate products but took a chance on the subs. Once I had them up and running I was blown away at the depth and punch they have so I got their R 600 -5 amp. Again, I was blown away, since I had great bass I wanted a speaker to handle the full spectrum of highs, mids and some low end and the Punch p1683 had the right spec's so I went with them..... To me, it is the best system I have had, clear, precise and a lot of kick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally!! Something OEM premium speakers are good for!!