Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Roush cai installed today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's G-R-E-E-E-E-E-E-A-T!!!!! Unless you accelerate aggressively, it sounds almost stock. When you juice it a little it turns heads quick, but, it's deeeeeeeeeep moan from the bowels on the motor.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cjcnomor4
I have one coming on tuesday, rumor has it they are louder after the cai. Is it a nice improvement or it it annoying like some have said?
It's a deep muscle car sound it gives the engine that is a night and day difference between the ROUSH and Stock setup. Don't let the others scare you.

If you already have an aftermarket exhaust...it won't be too bad. If your truck is stock as a rock as mine was...then there is a big difference in noise level at hard acceleration as Jeb mentioned.

Once I added the ROUSH exhaust I couldn't hear it anymore.

I liked the noise because I'm into that sort of thing. My grandfather thought it was too loud though.

I'm sure if you don't like it you could rip it off and sell it quickly in the classifieds.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based off of your experience as well as others I went ahead and pulled the trigger!

I am excited to see how it turns out, and like the fact I can install the factory box with the ROUSH tube if I ever want to.

I'd like to get an exhaust as well, but we will see how it sounds with the intake first. I'm thinking about going with the MBRP dual but would like to hear some truck with that on it, and might wait till more kits come to the market.

Dan
Old 04-11-2012, 10:35 PM

I think you'll be happy with the CAI Dan. MBRP makes a quality exhaust kit...I just went with roush so I had all the same parts...Plus I have an '05 Roush Mustang 427 clone.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:36 PM

i did the roush intake and exhaust.... im loving it so far! also added the Roush boost gauge in the ac vent
Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM

Mine gets here this week. So I will probably get it on next weekend if I can wait that long to put it on...

jodys do you have a 5.0 or the ecoboost?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by xTremeDan
Mine gets here this week. So I will probably get it on next weekend if I can wait that long to put it on...

jodys do you have a 5.0 or the ecoboost?

You can install the CAI in about 15 minutes...start to finish. The Exhaust is about a 30 to 60min project since it's necessary to cut the roush pipe to length.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 AM

EcoBoost
Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 PM

Installed it today! Really did take about 15-20 minutes taking my time.

So far it is defiantly louder that's for sure, but not to the point where it's unbearable and make me want to take it off.

Windows up or down it sounds good and I am wondering if I even need an exhaust...

I will report MPG gains if any when I can keep the pedal up a little

Dan
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by xTremeDan
Installed it today! Really did take about 15-20 minutes taking my time.

So far it is defiantly louder that's for sure, but not to the point where it's unbearable and make me want to take it off.

Windows up or down it sounds good and I am wondering if I even need an exhaust...

I will report MPG gains if any when I can keep the pedal up a little

Dan

Good luck with that! I think I installed mine almost a month ago and still haven't been able to keep my foot out of it's ***.

Quick Reply: Roush cai installed today.