Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

alternator and starter price

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM
lucky13

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default alternator and starter price

aight guys so i think i may need to get an alternator or starter here soon if its not my battery screwin up on me.
so i need some prices on those from say an autozone or online if they can ship fast
thanks
Old 10-03-2008, 05:10 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

So....................................OK try to remember next time or write it down somewhere. the 3W's go in front, and the .com in back.EXAMPLE: www.autozone.com. Also, check Alt. output If ok, suspect bad cell in battery. Which will make a starter & alternator wish they were dead! You also might suspect my personal Fav."loose and/or corroded Pos. & Neg. connections)
Old 10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ymeski56 it would have wasted less time if you had just posted the URL and left the sarcasm out.

Lucky13 are your head lights dim with the engine running, if so check the output voltage of the alternator it should be 13.8 volts +/- a volt or so. If it there is any question about the alternator Autozone can test it for you. when you rev up the engine at night do the light get brighter that tells you the voltage regulator is working but the battery does not have full voltage. . Clean the battery cables, Unlike AC current, it does not take much to block DC current so make sure the cables are good and clean. Check the battery does it 12.0 to 12.5 volts fully charged if not the battery is bad. As for the Starter, assuming you have cleaned up all of the power cables, checked the battery, and the alternator if the solenoid clicks but the starter does not kick in then pull the starter and take it to Autozone they can hook it on their testing equipment and tell you if it is bad.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:55 AM
lucky13

aight guys thanks for the replies it was my battery
wanted a new one anyway this one was only 5 plus years old so yea lol
Old 10-04-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

Default Retort

[QUOTE=transmaster;99374]Ymeski56 it would have wasted less time if you had just posted the URL and left the sarcasm out.

Judging from your choice of Icon you have chosen to be representative for yourself and more obvious clues where you share an occasional "good ol' day's flashback", it appears that you too are also an active member of "The 2'nd Half Centurion Club". Also, as fellow members are aware "A spoonful of humor helps the medicine go down." It seems to increase entertainment value also but maybe that's just me. So, after rereading the post for the 3rd time, it still appeared to me the gentleman in question, was requesting to be provided with Autozones cost of purchase for various items and their turn around time for expecting delivery if he decides to have it shipped instead of purchasing over the counter. His ability the successfully locate and post to this forum compelled me to believe that obtaining this information directly from Autozone himself was well within his abilities & that asking to have that information fetched for him, might be construed as an extreme request for others to commit a possible, dare I say it, "waste of their time." I thought my comment was a less embarrassing and humorus (maybe that's just me) way of pointing out an obvious. If after explanation my commission of "a waste of time" remains offensive I should point out the fact that at the time of this post, "wasteing of time" has yet to gain criminal or taxable status in any of the 50 states!If I had only made that comment and left him twisting in the wind as to his trucks disfunction would have been "a waste of time without purpose." Is that an oxymoron????Anyway, if this is also a further waste of time, I hope it was more entertaining and a more useful waste of time!

Last edited by ymeski56; 10-04-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Had some time to waste!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah a fully charged battery should read 12.6 volts. Always check the battery before checking other things.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:43 AM
lucky13

yea i did it read at first 14 even then dropped to 5 and then spiked to 18

Quick Reply: alternator and starter price