Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

My wipers are running really slow and making noise.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My wipers are running really slow and making noise.

Finally got my 1994 f150 4x4 back on the road. However it's got several issues from sitting for several years.
Right now my biggest issue is the wipers, they move real slow and make kind of a growling noise. I'm sure the wiper motor is bad but I don't want to assume anything.
Is there anything else that can cause this?
Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 AM

Yeah, but I haven't solved it yet because of bigger issues, Mine will stop wherever they are when I shut mine off, so I have to time it right or they will be in middle of window. Move slow too but no loid noise. I'm thinking mine in switch.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:17 AM

I got a and its moving really slow its not quite growling and if i turn them up all the way they move fast i think im gonna change my motor soon just to be safe becausethey sound weak ill keep you updated. I think your right its probly the motor but if it sounds like its slipping or grinding i would make sure the arms and stuff are good.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Ford Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '87 does the stop instantly when turned off, the '89 runs really slow, growls, jerks and occasionally stops, works slowly even on high.
The '89 will be attacked first as it's 4x4 and snow is already in the forecast! I'll try a photo or two in the process.
I've stripped a bunch of F150's over the years to sell parts. I always check the wipers before stripping. I've seen rusted or "dry" linkage causing the jerks, the switch is usually at fault for the instant stops. Occasionally the wiper motor is bad, most issues I've found are bad or missing ground wires, as the motor sits in rubber mounts. Every intermittent controller I've found was good.

Quick Reply: My wipers are running really slow and making noise.