Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

HELP!! Won't start after disconnecting neg batt cable

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default HELP!! Won't start after disconnecting neg batt cable

I unplugged the negative cable while replacing the egr valve to reset the codes while I worked. Hooked everything back up, then negative battery cable and now when I open the door I hear a clicking sound by the fuse panel and truck won't start? I have the Theft light, & I've tried disconnecting the negative for 10min & tried disconnecting the positive for 10min

I know I'll probably get flamed but I DID use the search and came up with nothing that helped me. PLEASE HELP
Old 07-31-2011, 06:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok well apparently I didn't leave it alone long enough after I reconnected it.

Went back out & reconnected positive cable, picked up tools for awhile, then gave it a shot and it fired right up
Old 08-25-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same here

This recently happened to me. Unhooked the negative battery cable and when reconnected the truck made a loud click and wouldn't start. I unhooked the positive connection, let it sit for a while then tried again. Still wouldn't start. However after further inspection my positive battery post bracket was cracked and I figured I was getting a poor connection. Sure enough, after replacing it with a new clamp the truck fired right up, thank heavens.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Won't start after disconnecting neg batt cable