Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a 2013 Raptor today.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 PM

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Saw a 2013 Raptor today.

My dealer took delivery of an all black one today. Saw it sitting out back when I drove by. Still had the protective plastic pieces on the fenders from transport.

HIDs looked nice on the black. I didn't go look through the truck or take any pics. Sorry. They would have given me the keys had I asked but I was running late for other things so I chose to check it out later.

Thought you guys would like to know.....

Buck
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Buck183
My dealer took delivery of an all black one today. Saw it sitting out back when I drove by. Still had the protective plastic pieces on the fenders from transport.

HIDs looked nice on the black. I didn't go look through the truck or take any pics. Sorry. They would have given me the keys had I asked but I was running late for other things so I chose to check it out later.

Thought you guys would like to know.....

Buck
Theres a number that have landed at dealerships already, theres a video walkaround of one showing the MFT etc as well.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Macman12
Theres a number that have landed at dealerships already, theres a video walkaround of one showing the MFT etc as well.

Link???
Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes me want one BAD!!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:26 AM
2007 F150 XLT

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I might be getting one! I'll definitely post pics when/if I get it!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Dodge+Ford = always ready

Received 112 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by curtrwall
Makes me want one BAD!!
x2 didn't think i could want a raptor more....
Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Clearance lights mandated by the federal government? Does no one realize the raptor is the exact same width mirror to mirror as a standard f150. Not to mention you can buy 3500's without clearance lights
Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 PM
buck hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearance lights... Rofl
Old 10-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Aus nichts wird nichts

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Track width is not the same and they are not clearence lights.

F150 Overall width (excluding mirrors) 78.9
Track width, front 67
Track width, rear 67

Raptor Overall Width (excluding mirrors) 86.3
Track Width, Front 73.6
Track Width, Rear 73.6

It didn't copy over
Source of DOT Regulations
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...=r49CFR571.108

Table II—Location of Required Equipment
Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles, Trucks, Trailers, and Buses, of 80 or More Inches Overall Width
Item Location on— Height above road surface measured from center of item on vehicle at curb weight
Multipurpose passenger vehicles, trucks, and buses Trailers
Headlamps On the front, each headlamp providing the upper beam, at the same height, 1 on each side of the vertical centerline, each headlamp providing the lower beam, at the same height, 1 on each side of the vertical centerline, as far apart as practicable. See also S7 Not required Not less than 22 inches (55.9 cm) nor more than 54 inches (137.2 cm).
Taillamps On the rear, 1 on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable On the rear, 1 on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable Not less than 15 inches, nor more than 72 inches.
Stop lamps ......do ......do Do.
License plate lamp At rear license plate, to illuminate the plate from the top or sides At rear license plate, to illuminate the plate from the top or sides No requirement.
Backup lamp On the rear Not required Do.
Turn signal lamps At or near the front—1 amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable On the rear—1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable Not less than 15 inches, nor more than 83 inches.
On the rear—1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practicable
Identification lamps On the front and rear—3 lamps, amber in front, red in rear, as close as practicable to the top of the vehicle, at the same height, as close as practicable to the vertical centerline, with lamp centers spaced not less than 6 inches or more than 12 inches apart. Alternatively, the front lamps may be located as close as practicable to the top of the cab On the rear—3 lamps as close as practicable to the top of the vehicle at the same height, as close as practicable to the vertical centerline, with lamp centers spaced not less than 6 inches or more than 12 inches apart No requirement.
Clearance lamps On the front and rear—2 amber lamps on front, 2 red lamps on rear, to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, one on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as near the top as practicable On the front and rear—2 amber lamps on front, 2 red lamps on rear, to indicate the overall width of the vehicle, one on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as near the top thereof as practicable2,3,4 Do.
Intermediate side marker lamps On each side—1 amber lamp located at or near the midpoint between the front and rear side marker lamps On each side—1 amber lamp located at or near the midpoint between the front and rear side marker lamps Not less than 15 inches.
Intermediate side reflex reflectors On each side—1 amber located at or near the midpoint between the front and rear side reflex reflectors On each side—1 amber located at or near the midpoint between the front and rear side reflex reflectors Not less than 15 inches nor more than 60 inches.
Conspicuity See S5.7 See S5.7 See S5.7
Reflex reflectors On the rear—1 red on each side of the vertical centerline, as far apart as practicable, and at the same height On the rear—1 red on each side of the vertical centerline, as far apart as practicable, and at the same height Do.
On each side—1 red as far to the rear as practicable, and 1 amber as far to the front as practicable On each side—1 red as far to the rear as practicable, and 1 amber as far to the front as practicable
Side marker lamps ......do ......do Not less than 15 inches, and on the rear of trailers not more than 60 inches.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw a 2013 Raptor today.